- Masonry debris
- Mortar material
- Porcelain fixtures
ceramic dishes, ceramic tile, cinder blocks, clay bricks, concrete block, fireplace bricks, garden pots, granite, limestone, marble, paving stones, planters, porcelain bathtubs, porcelain sinks, porcelain tile, porcelain toilets, porcelain tubs, pots, slate, stone countertops, stone tile, terracotta planters, terracotta pots
- NO Asbestos
- NO Drywall, sheetrock, Durrock, Fiberock, HardieBacker, or the like
- Nothing painted with lead paint
- NO Window pane glass
Rubble is accepted at the Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area. Have your load checked at the Gatehouse before unloading.
- SAVE 50% over landfilling! $14/cubic yard fee. Have your load checked at the Gatehouse before unloading.
- Rebar and wire mesh are okay
- Accepted together, on the same pile
- Please remove seats, faucets, etc. from plumbing fixtures
- Unfinished, Unpainted Wood only
- Scrap Lumber
- Logs–see Brush
- NO Treated Wood
- NO Plywood or Particle Board
- NO Painted Wood or Otherwise Finished Wood (stain, varnish, shellac, deck stain, etc.)
- NO Furniture
Wood is accepted at the Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area.
- SAVE 50% v. landfilling! $14/cubic yard fee.
- Nails are okay
- Accepted together on the same pile
- Maximum accepted: 40 pallets per customer.
Recycling of shingles is suspended until further notice due to contraction of markets for the material. Shingles are still accepted for landfilling at the Waste Transfer Station.
We are actively looking for new markets to recycle shingles. Call 231-348-0640 or check back for more information as it develops.
WHAT: Asphalt shingles Tar Paper Felt But NO: NO Cedar Shake, Roll or Tile Shingles NO Treated or finished wood NO Plywood NO Food Wrappers or bottles or residential garbage from the site NO Glue or Sealant buckets NO Hazardous materials WHERE: Asphalt shingles are accepted FOR RECYCLING April 1 through November 1 at the Drop-off Center. Outside the season call 231-348-0640 to confirm availability of recycling. Asphalt shingles are accepted FOR DISPOSAL to the landfill at the Waste Transfer Station–which is also located at the Drop-off Center–in the off season. HOW:
$14/cubic yard fee $24/cubic yard fee plus fuel surcharge for disposal if load is co-mingled or contaminated or off-season. Nails are ok