- Car tires
- Truck tires
- Semi truck and trailer tires
- Motorcycle tires
- Bicycle inner tubes and tires (must be in bundles of 10)
- Agricultural tires/Tractor tires (Under 4 feet in diameter and 1 foot wide)
- Race car tires
For example: automobile tires, bike inner tubes, bike tires, lawnmower tires, semi tractor tires, semitrailer tires, wheelbarrow tires
- No Solid/Gel Filled tires
- No Tires over 10-ply
- No Airplane tires
- No Skid-steer, Loader, or Earth-mover tires
- No Forestry, Logging, or Mining tires
- No Golf Tires with rims
- N0 Off-road tires
- No Rubber Tracks of any kind
Tires are accepted at the Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area.
- On-rim and off-rim are both fine
- Bicycle tires bundle of 10/$3.50 each
- Car and light truck tires $3.50 each
- Semi tires $11.00 each
- Agricultural tires (i.e. tractor tires) $25.00 each
Some particularly large or heavy tractor tires are not recyclable. Please call 231-526-2031 x3 for details before delivering tractor tires.
- Have your load checked by the Attendant before unloading.
DONE! Free Tire Recycling 2020
We have collected the full 7,000 tires covered by our 2020 Scrap Tire Collection grant. Hooray! Emmet County is 7,000 tires cleaner and 7,000 tires are off to be recycled.
The grant was provided by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy. We plan to apply for another one of these grants in the future. If you would like to know about future opportunities to recycle tires for free under such a grant, subscribe to our monthly enewsletter, The Recycling Retriever, by clicking on the puppy icon in the navigation bar on the right side of this window.